by Pam Austin
Create your own beautiful yarn and discover the peace of spinning
Hand spinning is a meaningful and timeless craft that can bring immense joy and satisfaction to a busy life.
- Gives clear and precise instruction for the long draw, worsted, and core-spinning techniques
- Outlines how to choose and prepare fleece, flax, silk, and camelid fibre for hand spinning
- Includes proven definitive colour skills that will personalize and enhance hand-spun work
- Describes dyeing animal and vegetable fibre and yarn, without special materials or equipment, using natural and synthetic dyes
- Encourages use of classic yarn structures as boucle, gimp, coils, and crepe as design features
- Individual hand-spun work illustrates the concept of art yarn and the design proess
- Suggests projects for yarn that has meaning, artistry, and purpose.
Hardcover. 144 pgs